Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Trust and Faith

First and foremost, this blog is a place where I will be coming occasionally to write about what has helped me personally to find peace in my life. I hope you might find something to ponder about as you read through experiences that certainly have made me ponder, to say the least.

So without further ado...


Gamaliel. It's not exactly a common household name.
      Yet I find myself marveling at this man--this pharisee--who essentially saved the apostles from unnecessary persecution. All he did was tell the rest of the pharisees that if what the apostles did was of men, it would fail on its own, and if what they were teaching was truly of God there was nothing they could do to stop it anyways.
      I'm not sure why this passage in The Acts hit me so hard (Acts 5:34-39). I think it's because Gamaliel, while he didn't necessarily believe what the apostles were teaching, had enough trust and faith in God to know that his will would come to pass regardless of what they as council members did. 
      It helped me to realize that I'm going to encounter a lot of people like that in my life. While they may not necessarily have the same beliefs as me, we may share the same love and trust in God, and I need to be more sensitive to that and respect it. 

Well. Those are my thoughts for this week. 

1 comment:

  1. I love how your posts are all short but make a very clear point. This one is by far my favorite.

    You're a spiritual stud!

    ReplyDelete